Hello, please call me Rose.
I spend a lot of time thinking about the way we humans interact with technology, and the ways in which technology has shaped our stories and experiences. I like new stories, new experiences, and learning new things.
On the internet, my online handle is usually Rosefae, ByAnyOtherName, or some variation of one of the two.
- M.CS in Human-Computer Interaction from Carleton University
- B.A.&Sc in Cognitive Science from McGill University
- Minor in English Literature
- DEC in Arts and Sciences (DEC intégré) from Marianopolis College
- User Research
- Personas and User Stories
- Task Analysis
- Wireframes and Mockups
- Usability Testing
- English (Fluent)
- Mandarin Chinese (Fluent)
- French (Written)
- Research Assistant at the Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre, Carleton University
- Teaching Assistant at Carleton University
- Co-president of the Students Association of Cognitive Science
- Summer 2013
- Undergraduate Researcher of the Prometheus Project, McGill University
- Summer 2012
- Undergraduate Researcher at the McGill Game Research Lab
- Webmaster for the Students Association of Cognitive Science
- Computer Science Stream Representative of the Students Association of Cognitive Science
- Director of Media for the National Integrative Research Conference
- General Member of the McGill Computer Taskforce
- Co-president of the Marianopolis Math and Physics Club
Hobbies and Interests
- Fantasy fiction
- Video games
- Digital art
Currently, I'm in the middle of updating my blog every day of 2018.
I'm also in the process of writing and editing two novels.
- Disabled Gamers: Accessibility in Video Games (master's thesis, 2017)
- Augmented reality
- Interactive storytelling
- New media and transmedia storytelling
- Alternate reality games (ARGs)
- Internet culture and subcultures
- Internet of things (IoT)
- New and alternative interaction paradigms (non-WIMP and post-WIMP)